Navigation

Saturday 26 January 2013

Quotable Quotes - Australian Open Day 13


Novak Djokovic

On what he remembers about Andy Murray when he was 11 years old
“What was he like?  Well, I know he had a lot of hair, a lot of curly hair.  He was quite pale also (laughing).
But he got more sun I think over the years training in Barcelona.  He has more of a tan now than when he was a junior.”

Li Na
On when is she going to retire
“When I think I couldn't play, I will stop.  Because, I mean, you never know.  At least you have to see    I mean, at least you have to have a healthy body, otherwise no chance you can whole year travelling like this or play on the court. Maybe one day after wake up, I feeling, Oh, I'm tired.  I couldn't move anymore, I retire.”

On what did she feel, why she fell down
"Because I'm stupid (smiling)."

Victoria Azarenka
Q.  Was it difficult for you to get your head right going into the final, bearing in mind the talk of the last couple of days?
VICTORIA AZARENKA:  It isn't easy, that's for sure, but I knew what I had to do.  I had to stay calm.  I had to stay positive.  I just had to deal with the things that came onto me.  And that's pretty much it. I was actually really happy that I went through so many things knowing that I can still produce the tennis that I can and keep the focus that I can.  It just motivates me to be a better player.

Q.  Were you worried about the reception you might get when you went on court at the beginning?
VICTORIA AZARENKA:  Well, I was expecting way worse, to be honest actually.  What can you do?  You just have to go out there and try to play tennis in the end of the day.  That's what it was all about.  It's a tennis match, tennis battle, final of the Australian Open.  I was there to play that.
The things what happened in the past, I did the best thing I could to explain, to do everything I could, and it was left behind me already.  So when I went into the match, I was really focused on trying to play that particular match, the most important match of the tournament, That one thing that I just have to go and do, and that's it.

Bob Bryan and Mike Bryan

Q.  Have you set new numerical goals?
MIKE BRYAN:  Probably try to shoot for a hundred and cut it.
BOB BRYAN:  That would be cool to end on a round number.
MIKE BRYAN:  Has anybody ever ended on a round number like that?
BOB BRYAN:  Zero or a hundred?  (Laughter.)

On what is left to achieve from the record list they have been compiling
BOB BRYAN:  As far as records, there's not much.  But like we've told you before, we're competitors.  We hate to lose.  We want to finish No. 1. That's just the way I don't know.  That's just the way we are.  We set goals to get better, to improve, and to play well at these big tournaments.  That's why we'll be out here for the next few, three, four more years.

No comments:

Post a Comment