Navigation

Friday 25 January 2013

Quotable Quotes - Australian Open Day 12

Roger Federer

on whether his long quarter-final match had an effect on his performance today against Andy Murray

"He beat me fair and square tonight.  No regrets from me."

on Andy Murray's chances on Sunday:

"Obviously Novak goes in as the favorite, I would think, even though Andy beat him at the US Open. "


Q: You spoke earlier in the week about the good manners that exist between the players.  There definitely seemed to be a bit of feeling between the two of you after 6 5 in the fourth.  Can you talk about that.  Was there an exchange between you? 
ROGER FEDERER:  I mean, it wasn't a big deal anyway.  We just looked at each other one time.  That's okay, I think, in a three and a half hour match.  We were just checking each other out for bit. 
No, I mean, that wasn't a big deal for me.  I hope not for him.


Andy Murray

Absolutely loved Andy Murray for the responses.


Q.  How surprised were you by what he shouted when you were at the net at 6 5 in the fourth?  You had a funny look on your face at that point. 
ANDY MURRAY:  I mean, I wasn't that surprised.  I mean, stuff like that happens daily in tennis matches.  You know, in sport, the stuff that some people say on football pitches and in basketball and all sorts of sports.  I mean, it was very, very mild in comparison to what happens in other sports.  It's just one of those things.



Q.  Can you repeat what he said? 
ANDY MURRAY:  It's not relevant what he said.  You know, it doesn't really matter.  It's something that happens, like I say, all the time on tennis courts, in sport, all the time. 
Especially when it's a one on one sort of individual combat.  It's not relevant.  There's no hard feelings.


Q.  Was it a word that we might struggle to get in our newspapers?
ANDY MURRAY:  It's not relevant what was said, you know.  I'm sure Roger won't talk about it and I have no interest in discussing it either, because, like I say, it happens all the time. 
People will want to make a big deal of it and it isn't really a big deal.


Li Na

you have got to love the response of Li Na, shows true and pure feelings

On the first time she saw an image of herself on a billboard or on TV.
"I said, 'Okay, I know this girl!' But the first time I was a little bit afraid to look. That's when it felt real. The first big time was after the French Open - I was in Germany and I saw myself at the airport, I don't know if it was BBC or CNN or another news channel. The funny thing is, I had an economy ticket, but the people came to me and told me they saw I won the tournament, so I could move to business. It wasn't too bad!"

No comments:

Post a Comment