Navigation

Friday 18 January 2013

Quotable Quotes Australian Open - Day 5

Agnieszka Radwanska
13 is unlucky number in Poland

Q.  Is this your best winning streak of your career?
AR:  I think so.  I think I never win 12 matches in a row, no.
 
Q.  Is 13 an unlucky number in Poland?
AR:  There is.  I didn't say that. 

Ana Ivanovic
She definitely knows how to keep things funny

Q.  What happened in the first set?
AI:  What do you mean? 
 
Q.  At the service, I mean.  You was 5 2. 
AI:  Okay, well, the same way I got to 5 2 I got to 5 All.  Didn't happen much.  

Li Na
We knew that Li Na not only fights her opponents on court, but herself as well

"You know, I always try to play my game on the court, so, yeah.  But sometimes I was fighting against myself.  I always waste a lot of energy on the court."

Novak Djokovic
Reporters definitely try to get out everything from you, but Djokovic knows how much to give

"I won't answer what is the game to beat me, that's for sure (smiling)"

Kei Nishikori
Hoping, his ankle holds up in his next match

Q.  You had a medical timeout for your ankle.  Is it okay?
KN:  Yeah, it's good.

Venus Williams
She definitely knows how to handle and answer the questions. Check her responses to the questions.


Q.  On a non tennis note, did you watch any of Oprah's interview with Lance Armstrong?
VW:  No, I didn't.

Q.  Is it something that players are talking about, his confession to doping?
VW:  I think everyone is pretty much focused on the tennis.  Maybe other players are talking about it.  I have no idea.

Q.  Do you have any reaction?
VW:  I can't talk about anything I don't know anything about, so I'm just going to keep my mouth shut.  I'm not an expert on that stuff.  That's all I can say.

Maria Sharapova
Now we all know that Sharapova wanted to win this match:

"Since the draw came out, I was really looking forward to that match-up"

Beautifully handled by Sharapova. See her response to the question.


Q.  You are thinking about the next match, but you beat Venus today.  How do you think about the performance of Serena Williams to win this title?
MARIA SHARAPOVA:  She's on the other side of the draw and other players are on the other side of the draw as well.  Until you get to that stage, and if you do, if you're facing each other, that's the point when you're thinking about that particular opponent.


Stanilsas Wawrinka
A stupid question, but a spot on answer from Wawrinka.


 Were you aware that was the last American in the tournament?
SW:  You know, it's not my first problem.  I play at US Open and it was always the last American.  It's not the first time I play when it's the last American in a Grand Slam.

David Ferrer


Q.  Do you feel more pressure being the top Spaniard without Rafa here?
DF:  No, of course I'm not.  I don't mind I am the No. 1 of Spain or not.  I am only focused with myself and with my tennis, of course.
Rafael, no, is very important for us.  Is a good friend for me.  He's recovering soon, no?

That is all from today. Hope to bring to you some good collection for tomorrow as well. Enjoy the up-coming 6th day of the Australian Open 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment