Navigation

Wednesday 15 January 2014

Quotable Quotes - Australian Open Day three

Day three saw players moving into the third round. Novak Djokovic, Serena Williams, Li Na all winning their matches and making it to the third round. The quote of the day award, however, goes to the Canadian Young gun, Eugenie Bouchard.

Let us take a look at the extracts of what some of the players said

Eugenie Bouchard
“No, I just thought because she was French they do the kissy thing.  I thought she maybe kind of wanted to.  I was hesitating.  I just kind of went for it (laughter).” – when asked that she was warm during hand shake at net.
Novak Djokovic

Novak Djokovic

“That's a good question. But for me it's important to always know where I come from, be grateful for the life that I have, of course cherish and nurture every moment spent on the court.” When asked what is the best thing about being Novak Djokovic

Serena Williams

“I never look at the draw ever, ever, ever.” – when asked does she look at the draw.

Li Na

“Don't try to ask that, okay?  (Laughter.) Both players pretty good, really “– when asked whether Ana Konjuh is better player or Belinda Bencic
“On that moment I'm not think about retired, because is not about how is the ball I hit on the court.  It's about so many thing off the court, you know.” – when asked if she would have retired had she not performed better at Wimbledon.
“I think I answered before.” when asked about comments regarding hot weather in Melbourne.
Belinda Bencic
“I don't know.  Go shopping (smiling)?” – when asked what she will do with her prize money.
Stanislas Wawrinka
Stanislas Wawrinka
“I'm not going to win the tournament, so we're not there yet. I can go skydiving without winning the tournament.  It's not a problem for me.” – when asked if he would go skydiving if he wins the tournament.
Ana Ivanovic
“I just feel happy competing.  I find strength and I enjoy having long points, long rallies, long games, and tough matches.  That's what I was lacking in the past.” – when asked if she has to be positive on the court.
“I really tried to also listen to lot of people's advices.  It wasn't always the right choice.” – when asked about her coaching changes since 2008.

“Actually I've been not reading that much last few days.  I've been reading this book by Jeffrey Archer.  It's trilogy.  I'm on the third book “– when asked what she is reading these days

No comments:

Post a Comment