Navigation

Thursday 16 January 2014

Quotable Quotes - Australian Open Day Four

Australian Open finally saw the implementation of the heat rule on the fourth day. There were some epic encounters. Sharapova toughed it out against Knapp, Navarro outlasted Voskoboeva, Delpotro was stunned by Spanish Roberto Bautista Agut. Federer and Nadal had routine wins.

Sharapova and Knapp raised concerns regarding heat rule, but it was Roger Federer who won the quote of the day award. 

Let us see what the players had to say

Roger Federer
Roger Federer


“I like the checkins at airports.  Packing the bags is good fun.  What else?  Playing in 42 degrees heat (laughter).” – when asked what is the best part of being Roger Federer

“Wouldn't win because these guys are already winning, so...” in response to the question ‘Andy Murray was asked a fun question the other day.  If there was an imaginary tournament of the player with the legendary coach, he thought that he and Lendl would win.  Hewitt said that he and Patrick would win.  How do you think you and Stefan would step up?’
“Thank you for the compliment.  Finally I get one (smiling).  It's been a while.” – when told that he moved well.
Juan Martin Del Potro
Juan Martin Del Potro

“I think sometimes the favorites lose very early in a Grand Slam, like Federer in Wimbledon or Rafa, and then other ones in the US Open.  Here is my chance to get out very early in the tournament.” – when aksed he was one of the favourites to make out his section of draw

Andy Murray

“So I think obviously after the tournament's finished, I'm sure there will be some discussions between the ATP, and the ITF to maybe shore up the rules a little bit and make it a little bit, you know, easier for everybody to understand.” – when asked if the tournament officials have been fair with the heat policy

Milos Raonic

“But I do like to watch him play.” – when asked does he watch Dimitrov much

Sloane Stephens

“Nashville, The Good Wife.  Scandal.  I watch Scandal every week.  My little shows I watch on my computer.  That's pretty much it.  I don't like to do much.  Pretty low key.” – when asked what shows she watches

"Yeah.  Like, yeah, it was intense.  Like that's the worst thing, to be outside when it's lightning or to be in the middle of the ocean like by yourself." – when asked if she could see the lighting from the court.

Victoria Azarenka

“A little bit.  Just a little bit.  I saw a little bit match of Tsonga and that's it.  And Rafa a little bit.” – when asked did she watch any other match.

“Actually my grandmother named me that.  I had have to thank her because my parents wanted to call my Daria, and I don't think that suits me at all.” – when asked about the story of her name.

Vasek Posposil

“Yeah, no, I mean, it seems I don't want to play him.  Retired against him twice now.  Really unfortunate injury for me.” When asked if he was aftraid to play Stanislas Wawrinka

Rafael Nadal

"I never felt the crowd against me.  I felt most of the times the crowd behind me, and that's something I just can say thank you very much to the Australian fans." – when asked does he feel pressure playing a local player at their home slam.

Caroline Wozniacki
"I think you always believe you can win, but you still have quite a few matches to go.  So I'm just thinking one match at a time." – when asked if she felt like she was playing like she can win the title.
Karin Knapp
"I think you always believe you can win, but you still have quite a few matches to go.  So I'm just thinking one match at a time." – when asked about heat rules
Maria Sharapova
"I asked the trainer the other day, What does it take for the roof to be closed or matches to be stopped?  She said, We have no control over this." – when asked about the heat rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment